A problem solution essay is not the most common type of written assignments given to modern students, but it does have a very important purpose: to stimulate the society to look for solutions for the most widespread problems of the world. The subject for a strong problem solution essay can be easily found by simply looking around you or reading the newspaper. We have prepared a complete guide on crafting a problem solution essay that will help you deliver a convincing paper with minimal effort.
Problem Solution Essay Topic
Unless you are given the topic for your essay by your instructor, this is the first crucial step in your writing process. The topic of your essay needs to be relatively easy to write about, but it also needs to match the interests of the general public. Popular problem solution essay topics today include everything connected with the environment, psychology, bad habits, the internet, deviations in youth, racism, education, and so on. The topic you ultimately choose for your essay needs to motivate you to think and look for the solutions to the problem.
Four Components of a Problem Solution Essay
Every problem solution essay is required to have four mandatory components:
- Situation, or your introduction to the background of the problem.
- Problem, or your description of the specifics of the problem and why it should be addressed.
- Solution, or your proposed answer to the problem.
- Evaluation, or an overview of your previously stated ideas along with a call for action.
Sometimes problem solution essay will address more than one problem, but this move is only effective when the multiple problems lie within the same realm — otherwise, you will find it hard to focus on the solutions to the problems.
The key secret to writing a winning problem solution essay is to believe in your problem. The best way to achieve a full understanding and acceptance of the problem is to write a proposal for your essay. Here are some tips on writing a successful proposal:
- List down everything you know about the problem to make sure you’ve done thorough research.
- Using your discovered data, provide some proofs that the problem in question is real and needs to be solved as soon as possible.
- Identify the aspects of the problem that still need to be researched. It will not only help you paint a complete picture, but will also give your readers some food for thought.
- Create a plan for your research, specifying where you will look for information and which methods you will use in the research.
- Share your proposal with your instructor or other authoritative figure in your life to make sure you’re on the right track.
Two Ways to Write an Outline
Unlike a typical essay, which generally offers only one approach to creating an outline, a problem solution essay allows you to create the outline in two different ways. These methods are called the Block and Chain methods. No matter which type of outline you decide to go for, writing an outline is an essential step on your way to a brilliant essay, since it will help you stay on topic throughout the writing.
The Block outline has the following structure:
- Introduction and background.
- Problems 1, 2, 3.
- Transitional paragraphs.
- Solutions 1, 2, 3.
- Evaluation and conclusion.
The Chain method of writing an outline includes the following chapters:
- Introduction and background.
- Problem 1 + solution.
- Problem 2 + solution.
- Problem 3 + solution.
- Evaluation and conclusion.
5 Steps to Writing a Problem Solution Essay
In order to deliver a beautifully structured and logical paper, you need to follow a specific order of steps while working on the essay:
- Identify and explain the problem using concise language and providing the examples for a better understanding of the issue.
- Investigate the origins of the problem and how it has appeared in society.
- Explain why you believe the problem is important and needs to be solved.
- Paint a complete picture of the consequences of the problem if society fails to solve the problem.
- Demonstrate the possible outcome of the problem; this part will function as a call to action for your audience.
There is no universal recipe for success when you’re choosing a problem to investigate. In some cases, local problems connected to your school or community work best. In other cases, students achieve great results when writing a paper on global problems like the environment and racism. Most importantly, you should have a genuine interest in the topic.
The thesis is an essential part of the introduction of your problem solution essay, but it doesn’t mean you need to write your paper, including the thesis, in a strict order. In fact, most students benefit from writing the thesis last. By that time, they have already developed a thorough understanding of the problem and can form a clear and concise thesis that will be supported by the rest of the work.
How to Find Solutions to Your Problems
Before you can propose your own solutions to the problems, you need to demonstrate your prior research on the issue by offering some of the solutions previously designed by other scholars. Analyze whether they were completely successful, and if not, what can be changed about them. Then you can move on to proposing your own solutions to the problems highlighted in the earlier parts of the essay. The work on your solutions can be divided into three easy steps:
- Offer a plan of action. Your solution needs to be simple and detailed, possibly in a step-by-step form. Think of the potential criticism of your solution and address it in the same chapter.
- Support your solution with examples. Whether it’s pictures, statistics, or simply stories, there needs to be a strong background for your newly designed solution. Only then will your solution seem feasible to the public.
- Provide a call to action. Instead of simply offering a conclusion to your solution, be proactive and encourage your audience to take action. If the problem you’ve described is real and you’ve offered some genuine solutions, the call to action will be very effective. The projection technique is very effective for this purpose.
Proofreading and Writing Tips
Here is how to make sure your writing meets the highest academic standards:
- After finishing the paper, leave it for one or two days before coming back and proofreading it with a fresh outlook.
- Check whether your essay covers all four elements of a problem solution paper.
- Make sure the thesis clearly refers to the content of the essay.
- Confirm that you’ve done the most extensive research of the problem.
- Check whether the solutions offered to the problem are realistic and can be achieved.
- Pay special attention to the conclusion: it needs to not only summarize the text, but also offer a call to action.
- Use online services like Grammarly to check your spelling and punctuation.
- Ask one of your friends or family members to proofread your paper to make sure no grammar or logical mistakes spoil your final grade.
32 thoughts on “Learn How to Write a Convincing Problem Solution Essay”
Can somebody explain to me in brief what kind of an essay is that?
That is an essay aimed at convincing others in a chosen point of view on a suggested topic. Important point is that the main statement should appear to be a solution. That is a simple template of this assignment. The rest of the questions our experts will answer shortly after getting more details from you.
Who can tell me more about a service? Who used it?
I worked with this company a couple of times, including while making my persuasive essay. Got a good grade. Try on your own.
Does this essay cost a lot?
This essay is charged according to general rates. Those depend on the urgency mostly. We encourage you to apply beforehand to save some portion of your funds. If you have any questions left or need help with picking the right price, contact our agents.
I want to hear from previous customers. Can you recommend that company?
I worked with them many times. They are helpful. Recommend you try it.
Zero complaints. Their work is good.
I heard this company is a good one. Is that true?
I had zero complaints about their work. They operated fast and quality. They work better than most of the other services I used before.
Can you manage to complete a complex order? I have one special issue.
There is nothing impossible here. We have professionals who can manage to cope with a task of any complexity. They research well, brainstorm, and arrange thoughts well to form a meaningful essay in the end. Insert all details in an order form. Let us look at it more precisely.
What main elements should I include in this essay?
You should describe a situation this problem is attributed to, state the problem itself, offer a solution for it, and also provide the evaluation of your suggested solution. If you have any issues with forming these links, ask our professionals to help you with those shortly.
I have an urgent task? Can you help me?
Please find our order form and provide us with all details you have about a problematic task.
Are you experienced enough to make such essays? Or this blog article is only for promotion?
Yes, we have enough writing experts who are experienced at making such type of an essay. We will find somebody suitable for your writing case.
What is a convincing essay special for? I don’t know how to make that!
You have reached the exact place. We have PRO writing experts at reasonable rates who can pick the right words to make statements sound persuasive.
I don’t have any time for reading a lot? Will you help?
Yes, sure, we exist to help students with similar problems. Send us details by completing an order form.
Do you have any truly professional writers? I don’t have time for making a couple of drafts.
Hello, Roy. We are highly selective when things come to choosing writers. You will get a professional here. Forward your order to us only.
I don’t know which topic to choose. Can you recommend something to me?
Surely, we can help you with selecting the right topic for your essay. Tell us about your interests and we will pick one. And also we will help with making your essay. Submit inquiry.
I don’t understand from the article how to find a solution to write about?
That depends on the topic you have selected. If you have doubts at this point, the rest of the work is under question. Our professionals can assist you with finding your topic related to some problem, and a solution for it.
I don’t get it! How to make that essay?
You need to analyze a topic, think about a problem, and a workable solution for that. Don’t become upset if you lack any details for making this task well now. Our professionals may easily help you with that.