Creative writing essays differ from any other task you have to complete throughout high school or college years. It is based not on evidence and examples but on your own ideas and imagination, which becomes a real challenge for most of the scholars.
Students are simply not taught to put their thoughts on paper, there are no separate classes for boosting imagination, so only students with a rare storytelling talent are able to cope with creative writing.
What is Creative Writing?
As you get from its name, creative paper writing is a piece of work that aims to show your creativity. Such papers are based on imagination and not on evidence or facts. Distinguishing features of this academic task are catchy characters, writer’s imagination, original voice, and a breathtaking plot. Such an essay should talk straight to your heart, not to the head.
The goal of such paper is to show how well you can make up a story and to put it into words in a logical and interesting manner. There are multiple types of creative writing because anything that requires imagination is creative. But here are only some of the brightest examples: fiction, poetry, novels, memoirs, personal essays, songs, and plays.
Don’t know how to work on the task? Turn to us and get outstanding creative paper writing services!
Professional Creative Writers
High school, College or Ph.D. creative writing is rather tricky even if it may seem simple at first. If you don’t want to spend days or even weeks coming up with a topic or trying to master various literary tools, contact us.
We are the leading writing company that deals with the most challenging projects. Together we will create outstanding writing no matter how difficult your requirements are. You will get a flawless essay before the deadline and won’t have to spend much. Our team consists of writers and editors with many years of experience, love to writing, and excellent knowledge in multiple fields.
Entrust your creative writing paper to us and you’ll never regret it!
Main Steps for Creative Papers
There are many creative essay writing websites but they don’t give full information and a detailed guide on how to write this sort of assignment. If you want to make your paper stand out, just read the guidelines below. Our specialists have made a list of the most important stages when working on creative writing.
The majority of students neglect this stage thinking that outline is not compulsory and only takes extra time. In reality, everything is different – the outline will greatly save your time because you will have a clear plan of action.
With a creative writing outline, you won’t have a fear of a white page and will remain creative and focused at any time of the day. Just write down all the things you want to include in the paper. Don’t worry, an outline shouldn’t be included in the text, so there is no need to fix typos and misprints.
Hook sentence is always a must. It should be situated at the end of the introductory section and make the audience want to read your creative paper from cover to cover. There are different types of hooks depending on the genre you are writing in. For example, your hook can be a joke or an anecdote, an interesting fact, a quote or a story from your own life.
Hook sentences shouldn’t be too long but still, appeal to emotions and feelings. But remember that the hook must be relevant and appropriate not to hurt readers.
The main paragraphs of your creative essay should render the story itself. Here you need to tell about characters, main events, and anything to unfold the story. Don’t be shy to express yourself. Luckily, creative essay writing is about your own feelings and experiences, so there is no need to follow particular standards and requirements.
However, your body paragraphs should still follow a logical structure and a certain order (for example, a chronological one). It should be simple for the reader to understand what you are talking about.
Once your story is finished don’t rush to submit it. There is another section left – the conclusion. Even though many students think that it’s not compulsory, tutors say that conclusion also influences the final grade.
Here you can simply summarize everything that was written in body paragraphs, remind readers of the thesis and tell about future perspectives of the topic. If possible, include a call-to-action and motivate readers to research the subject further.
Creative Essay Tips from Experts
Creative assignments can be both fun and challenging. Luckily, we know how to simplify the process:
- Choose a great topic. It’s impossible to grab the interest of the reader if you don’t like the story yourself. That is why always choose a subject that you are passionate about. While you can write a lab report without any emotions even if the topic is boring, creative writing requires your full immersion and dedication;
- Listen attentively to your tutor’s requirements. Creative writing requirements are rather blurred because they give students much freedom when working on the assignment. However, your teacher still has guidelines on the structure, size, and formatting. Write them down, because such small details are rather important and can influence your final grade;
- Create character sheets. Write about your main characters, their traits, background, manners and the way they look. You can also make brief notes on the features you want them to possess. This will greatly help to create comprehensive and interesting characters in the future;
- Write the assignment without thinking about mistakes. When you feel inspired, start writing immediately.Don’t reread sentences and never return to passages that you doubt in. Later you’ll have time to reread the assignment over and over again and to polish it. Just dive into the writing process and let your talent bloom;
- Write the way you want. Creative assignment writing is all about showing your inner voice. There is no need to follow strict rules and requirements. If you want, start with body paragraphs, change time order, rewrite whole paragraphs and use literary tools that are not commonly used for this type of writing. Express yourself;
- Devote enough time to proofreading and editing. Even though the main goal of this task is to show your creativity, it’s still important to prove that your language skills are solid and you have a broad vocabulary. If you doubt, use online checkers or ask people you trust to proofread the paper for you;
- Don’t forget to have fun! Yes, there are many rules and requirements on creative writings but they don’t mean a thing if you are not truly enjoying the process. Trust us, gaining solid writing skills will greatly help you in the future, so try to develop them as early as possible. Who knows, maybe you’ll write a novel one day?
Successful Creative Paper Writing Ideas
Creative Writing Topics for College Students
- Tell me about the time when you were hurt. What happened?
- Times when you acted like a rebel;
- Morality problems that bother you;
- A situation when you acted like a coward;
- The most challenging situation you have ever been in;
- Why is education so important?
- Possible consequences of being expelled from college;
- How the Internet has changed communication;
- Why is tolerance so important;
- Causes and effects of not going to elections;
- The most beautiful man/woman on Earth;
- Who runs the world?
- What made you choose a particular college?
- What should become the next wonder of the world?
- The best way to recharge your inner batteries;
- Literature is a treatment for your soul;
- College is the happiest place for any person;
- How to stop wars?
- Future of humanity;
- Describe your best friend from college.
Creative Writing Topics for High School
- Is homeschooling effective?
- Advantages of same-sex schools;
- What social activities must be restricted?
- Globalization and its impact on us;
- The educational system in France;
- Is graffiti also an art?
- Cost of private school education across the world;
- Can test scores accurately evaluate an individual’s skills?
- Flaws of the current educational system;
- Are left-handed artists more gifted?
- Is it harder to be admitted to college than it was 20 years ago?
- Are CEOs overpaid?
- Can psychology specialists at schools help students with problems?
- Do online schools have a future?
- Who ‘gifted’ children are and should they receive special treatment at schools?
- Should vaccination be optional?
- What type of schooling is better?
- Teachers play an important part in students’ lives;
- Importance of family for teenagers;
- Drugs and alcohol in high school student’s life.
Creative Writing Ideas for Middle School
- Will artificial intelligence win one day?
- Is it expensive to study abroad and what the advantages are?
- The best sports to play;
- Benefits of being in school organizations;
- Can Facebook or Instagram be used in classrooms?
- Impact of technologies on our lives;
- Should it be prohibited to drive and text at the same time?
- Is it possible to find friends online?
- Ethical rules to follow;
- Is it important to learn foreign languages at school?
- The best musical concert you have ever been to;
- Why should all have hobbies?
- Your dream job;
- The most important person in your life;
- Love and friendship – two pillars of a happy life;
- Where would you go if you didn’t have to think about money?
- Is gambling an addiction?
- Your favorite actor/actress;
- If you could write a book, what would it be about?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
Creative Essay Writing Example
When I was a child, I always wanted to have a pet. Unfortunately, my parents were too busy and thought that I wouldn’t be able to take care of an animal on my own. I remember how much I cried and begged for a puppy, or at least a parrot. And so, on my 6th birthday, my parents gave up and took me to a shelter.
At first, I was confused and simply wanted to adopt all of the animals out there. But then I saw her. A short outbred puppy with sad eyes. She was staring at me without moving and my heart stopped. That day Lucky became a part of our family. I learned how to feed and bathe her, how to do tricks and showed her all my favorite places in the town.
Any time I went out to play Lucky would follow. We would take her on family trips or even to nearby supermarkets. She was so small that would fit in my mom’s handbag. I remember having a flue with a fever at the age of 10. I felt awful and Lucky stayed by my side for two days without moving to eat or drink.
We loved each other deeply and she helped me to go through middle and high school. Now I am a sophomore and it has been a year since Lucky passed away. Her last days were filled with love, friendship, and kindness. Every day I think about her and can’t stop the tears coming. But I am grateful that I had her in my life and when my children ask me for a pet one day, I will take them to a shelter.
One of the biggest problems when dealing with creative writing is that you still need to complete other tasks and assignments. You can’t simply pause other works until this one is submitted. This makes students scared and insecure. Luckily, you can simply buy creative papers from our writers and concentrate on other tasks.
We are second to none and thousands of satisfied customers return to us with new tasks, because we are professional, fast, and affordable. With Paperhelpwriting.com, you’ll get outstanding creative writing help!